Using an Apple Watch while skiing or snowboarding can provide a number of safety benefits, as well as enhance your overall experience on the slopes. Here are some features to enable and tips on how to use your Apple Watch for maximum safety while skiing or snowboarding.
- Enable the “SOS” feature: The SOS feature on your Apple Watch allows you to quickly call for emergency services if you are in danger or in need of assistance. To enable this feature, go to the “My Watch” tab in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, select “Emergency SOS,” and toggle on “Hold to Auto Call.” This feature can be activated by pressing and holding the side button on your Apple Watch for a few seconds.
2. Set up “Fall Detection“: Fall Detection is a feature that can detect when you have taken a hard fall and automatically send an alert to your emergency contacts. To enable this feature, go to the “My Watch” tab in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, select “Fall Detection,” and toggle on “Fall Detection.”
3. Use “Activity Sharing” to stay connected with friends and family: The Activity Sharing feature on your Apple Watch allows you to share your workouts and activities with friends and family, so they can track your progress and location while you are on the slopes. To use this feature, go to the “Activity” tab on your Apple Watch and select “Sharing.” From there, you can choose which friends and family members you would like to share your activities with.
4. Turn on “Location Services“: Enabling Location Services on your Apple Watch allows you to use features like Maps and Find My Friends, which can be helpful in case you get lost or separated from your group while skiing or snowboarding. To turn on Location Services, go to the “Privacy” tab in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, select “Location Services,” and toggle on “Location Services.”
5. Use the “Workout” app to track your progress: The Workout app on your Apple Watch can help you track your progress while skiing or snowboarding, including your calories burned, distance traveled, and time spent on the slopes. To use this feature, go to the “Workout” app on your Apple Watch and select “Outdoor Skiing” or “Outdoor Snowboarding” as your activity.
By enabling these features and using your Apple Watch to its full potential, you can enhance your safety and enjoyment while skiing or snowboarding. Always be sure to ski or snowboard responsibly and follow all safety guidelines and rules at the resort.