Although Apple Watch is really easy to use, it’s always nice to have a few useful tips which would improve your performance. Here are 5 hints you probably haven’t heard about yet:
- For the most of left handed people it is more convenient to wear a watch on the right hand. Luckily, the controls can be flipped. In the Apple Watch companion app go to General > Watch Orientation and then you can change the wrist and the Digital Crown orientation.
- Sometimes Apple Watch notifications can be a little distracting, for example when driving or during a contact sport practise. WatchOS 3.2 introduced a Theater Mode feature, which can be enabled from the Control Center. If you turn it on at night, you can even save some battery life.
- Tired of old watch face? After watchOS 4 release you can set any photo from your iPhone tapping ‘Create Watch Face’ option in the action menu.
- Accidentally closed an app? Double tap the Digital Crown to get to the last used app.
- If you use a Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12 and later, you can unlock it with the Apple Watch and skip the password typing. First, make sure both your devices are signed into the same iCloud account. Then you will be able to set the Apple Watch to unlock your computer by checking the corresponding option in Security & Privacy tab from System Preferences.